The State of Social Media in 2018 [Infographic]
Did you know that there are more than 3.2 billion social media users worldwide?
On a monthly basis, more than 250 million people use Pinterest, 2.2 billion use Facebook, and 1 billion use Instagram.
Check out our infographic on the latest social media stats.
The current state of social media:
- Social media usage in the UK.
Facebook – 79%
Twitter – 47%
Pinterest – 36%
Takeaway: Don’t underestimate Pinterest as a potential marketing platform. Facebook is where more social media users are, so always consider marketing on there.
- Each day more than 500,000,000 tweets are sent
Takeaway: Use social listening to cut through the noise, and find only the most relevant mentions about your brand and industry.
- 400 million people use Instagram stories.
Takeaway: This is more than use Twitter, don’t forget to use Insta stories in your marketing strategy! It’s a fun & interactive way to engage your audience.
- 70% of all social media time is spent on a mobile phone
Takeaway: Make sure all social media content is mobile first, or at the very least optimised for mobile viewing.
- Tweets with video receive more than 6 times the retweets than posts with a photo.
Takeaway: Use video in your strategy! Whatever your budget and industry there are ways to use it.
- Facebook native videos have on average a 477% higher share rate than YouTube videos
Takeaway: If you post content on Facebook, make sure it doesn’t direct users to other websites.
- Organic reach for Facebook pages is less than 2%
Takeaway: Followers doesn’t matter, your reach does. If you have 2000 followers, but only 20 people see your posts, the fact that you have 2000 followers doesn’t matter. Facebook is becoming a pay-to-play website for many brands.
- There are more than 33,000 active chatbots right now.
Takeaway: Chatbots are a great way to improve customer experience and engagement. Consider setting one up for your brand. Look out for our next blog on using Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger as a marketing tool.