As a key member of the FP&A team, you will report to the Sr. Finance Manager of FP&A. You will own the financial reporting, planning and analysis for NonSales (COGS, Marketing, R&D, Product, Global Services and G&A) at Meltwater. You will work with leaders and other stakeholders across the Company as well as cross-functional collaboration, therefore building strong relationships and becoming a trusted advisor is critical to your success. This is a high visibility finance business partner role, which requires significant interaction with peers and senior management to understand and identify business issues, translate data into actionable insights and to make recommendations.
- Assist in month end close including reviewing accounting entries, variances analysis, etc.
- Act as main point of contact for business partners to provide day to day finance support and perspective to develop accurate forecasts and analyze actual results against Forecast and Plan
- Proactively maintain strong lines of communication and working relationship with business partners to stay attuned with changes within their organization.
- Collaborate with budget owners across geographies to work on forecast updates and annual operating plan while utilizing your interpersonal skills to influence, challenge, and drive change will be essential
- Develop deep understanding of sources of variability, understand causes, and implement data-driven models to aid in forecasting improvements
- Establish regular cadence with business partners for monthly budget vs actual analysis, headcount reporting and reconciliation, expense forecast updates and annual operating plan
- Develop models including headcount, sensitivity analysis, pricing, margins, and cost analysis
- Maintain, update, and reconcile Google Sheets for HC/TBH tracking and Cap R&D
- Work with business partners to develop annual operating plan
- Validation of monthly AWS expense to accounting entries (development & production)
Vaardigheden & Eisen
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7+ years’ work experience in Accounting and FP&A (with 4+ years in FP&A)
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment
- Systems savvy with experience using planning and accounting systems (Adaptive Planning and NetSuite a strong plus)
- Proven ability to collaborate across geographies and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and cross-cultural environment
- Pro-active self-starter who operates with a strong sense of ownership with the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
Track record in identifying process improvements, successfully implementing change, and operating with sense of ownership for projects and results
Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high degree of attention to detail are essential, as is an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way.
Strong EQ, analytical and quantitative skills.
Meltwater has gone from humble beginnings in Oslo, Norway in 2001 to the global leader in media intelligence with 30,000 global clients today. We provide solutions to help modern PR, communication, and marketing professionals better understand their current media landscape, both in the news & social media.
For almost 20 years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Our motto? When you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. There are 2,000 members of the Meltwater family residing in 55 offices across 25 countries around the world. No matter what office you’re in, you’ll be surrounded by the best colleagues you’ve ever had.
Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit through our 3 core values- Moro (fun), Enere (number one) and Respect (Respect). These founding principles stem from our Norweigan roots and are why Meltwater has been named a Great Place to Work in several markets across the globe. We have high energy, open concept offices that focus on teamwork and collaboration. We ensure our employees have easy access to management and learn quickly from those around them.
At Meltwater, the average isn’t good enough. Our goal is to build a groundbreaking company supported by a thriving culture in which our people aspire to exceed their personal expectations. We only promote our sales leadership team from within the company, and our goal is to facilitate your long-term professional growth.
Our work is fun, challenging and rewarding, and we’re looking for driven individuals, passionate about learning business by doing it.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2KBm9Ei
And “EEO is the Law Supplement” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2Kmxnxd
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.