Enterprise Sales Executive, JAPAN
About Enterprise Sales Executive, APAC Enterprise Solutions
As an Enterprise Sales Executive based in Japan, you will drive our high value growth opportunities and increase our client portfolio, as part of our APAC Enterprise Sales team.
Majority of our clients at Meltwater are on the SaaS subscription model, however for our top percentile of clients who have a greater need for customisation, Meltwater’s APAC Enterprise Sales is the dedicated team to consult and deliver curated solutions for their unique business needs. You will be an individual contributor, responsible for the entire sales process as you liaise with C-Level Executives and directly pitch Meltwater's software solutions to them.
What you will be doing
- Drive Meltwater’s revenue growth through consultative sales to new & existing enterprise level clients in Japan
- Manage the entire sales process for Business-to-Business (B2B) enterprise sales and directly pitch Meltwater's software solutions to potential clients
- Own the end-to-end sales process, from lead generation and prospecting, to product demonstrations, negotiation and execution of closing strategies, to the final stage of bringing new clients onboard
- Gain traction and build a sales pipeline comprising of large MNCs and government clients in Japan
- Grow our current key client base into enterprise level solutions through upsells and cross-sells
- Brand and introduce Meltwater's best in class media intelligence & social analytics software, data solution platforms and APIs
- Develop strategic plans to realize business opportunities in alignment with company objectives and directives in the long-term
We would love to see…
- Bachelor's degree; open minded, goal-oriented, self-driven
- Native in Japanese (or JLPT N1) and fluent in English
- 5-10 years of sales experience
- Strong passion for Sales and Business Development
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Familiarity with API sales, technical knowledge of APIs and data analytics
- Working knowledge of data analytics platforms
- Knowledge of the full life-cycle of sales processes from prospecting to close
- Entrepreneurial drive and and an internal motivation to over achieve targets / quotas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Competitive Compensation Package - we have an uncapped commission scheme!
- Prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives.
- 20 paid holidays
- Training program, conference, seminar for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Commute support（通勤手当）
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…
With 20 years of experience in the field of online media monitoring, Meltwater is a global leader in media intelligence and social analytics SaaS solutions - helping to bridge the gap between Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing departments with an all-in-one solution powered by AI-driven insights. Through Meltwater's platforms, our clients are well equipped to stay on top of billions of online conversations and extract relevant insights - allowing them to strategically manage their brands and stay ahead of their competition. Over 30,000 of the world’s most respected brands rely on Meltwater to help inform their marketing & communications strategies and executive decision making. With over 55 offices and 2,000 employees worldwide, Meltwater is a truly global partner offering best-in-class support through our local customer success teams.
Our Belief in People
For almost 20 years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Our motto? When you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. There are 2,000 members of the Meltwater family residing in 55 offices across 25 countries around the world. No matter what office you’re in, you’ll be surrounded by the best colleagues you’ve ever had.
Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit through our 3 core values - Moro (fun), Enere (number one) and Respekt (respect). These founding principles stem from our Norwegian roots and are why Meltwater has been named a Great Place to Work in several markets across the globe. We have high energy, open concept offices that thrive on teamwork and collaboration. We ensure our employees have easy access to management and learn quickly from those around them.
At Meltwater, the average isn’t good enough. Our goal is to build a groundbreaking company where our people aspire to exceed their personal expectations. We only promote our leadership team from within the company, and our goal is to facilitate your long-term professional growth.
We keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive within every team and every department — delighting in hard work and relishing the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it.
Our values are at the core of our culture, and they can be summed up by the acronym MER, which means more in Norwegian. These values are our commitment to our employees and our customers.
- Moro [‘mo(·)ro]
Norwegian for “Fun.” We believe that in order to become successful as a whole, we should all enjoy ourselves. That’s why we promote a fun, collaborative working environment.
- Enere [‘e nðr’e]
Norwegian for “Number One.” At Meltwater, average isn’t good enough. Our goal is to build a groundbreaking company supported by a thriving culture in which our people aspire to exceed their personal expectations.
- Respekt [re’spekt]
Norwegian for “Respect.” We believe it matters how a company or an individual becomes number one. Striving to be the best doesn’t mean sharp elbows: we should all treat our colleagues and customers with respect and humility.
An acronym for Moro, Enere and Respekt, which creates the Norwegian word “More.” We celebrate our victories without losing our drive to improve — whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones. Though simple on the surface, our values guide us in everything we do, from how we prioritize our objectives and make decisions to how we clarify expectations and measure our success.
Visit our Careers Page and find out more!