Senior Director of FP&A
As a lead member of the Meltwater FP&A team, this role will drive the financial and business support of the global sales organization of Meltwater consisting of over 1,300 employees.
You will be the key strategic partner to the Sales Executive Directors running the company’s Enterprise, mid-market and self-serve sales operations. As and when required in the global sales FP&A capacity, they will be a strategic partner to the CEO.
You will own the entire sales finance process (topline and expense forecasting and management; monthly management reporting; long range planning and annual budgeting process); as well as drive the strategic initiatives and change processes which will be required to deliver the results.
You will work with leaders and other stakeholders across the entire Company, requiring the building of strong relationships to become a trusted advisor across the entire organization. This is a high visibility, people relationship role with high expectations on leadership and sales FP&A domain expertise and experience in
software and SaaS business. The role will report to the Vice President of Corporate FP&A.
- Partner closely with sales leadership and the CEO/CFO on all strategic financial matters
- Utilize your business and financial knowledge along with your interpersonal skills to influence, challenge, and drive change within the organization
- Drive the sales forecast process in line with the various planning cycles (3-5 year strategic plans, annual budgeting and quarterly, monthly, weekly updates)
- Work closely with the revenue operations team on sales forecasting in particular and leveraging Salesforce as well as some planned software implementation to improve the forecasting
- Develop and enhance sales management reporting to proactively provide analysis, commentary and insights on sales performance to help understand variances and recommend opportunities to improve performance
- Be proactive in reaching out to sales EDs and take time to communicate to and coach sales executives on financial fundamentals of their business and the financial impact their decisions can make
- Streamline, simplify, prioritize the work of sales FP&A team and ensure it scales to where the company wants to grow. Focus on talent development in this area which will be critical to drive the change
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure alignment between the sales organization and the company’s other stakeholders around strategic initiatives. Examples can be but not limited to Salesforce implementation, new Pricing roll out, Sales compensation design and roll out
- Help develop and implement tools, systems and processes to improve the overall sales go to market process. This is particularly relevant when the Company is moving upmarket as a part of the long term strategy, and the enterprise business needs to be well served and supported
- Play a pivotal role in supporting the company’s overall objective of increasing value through profitable and sustained growth. With potential ownership changes with the PE firms stepping in, creating value for the shareholders where FP&A plays a critical role, will be the measure for success
Skills & Requirement
- 10+ years of financial planning & analysis related experience, preferably with direct Sales FP&A support in known and recognized SaaS and software companies
- BA/BSc degree in finance, accounting and/or business with MBA preferred
- Experience working in global enterprise level SaaS company, with a track record of best practices either built or acquired which can be transferrable to Meltwater business and operating model
- Strong knowledge of SaaS bookings, billings and annual recurring revenue modeling and forecasting
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with proven ability to challenge and influence senior management direction and subsequently drive their decisions with insights to facts and data
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically to help provide the company with short- and longer- term solutions and areas for improvement related to sales organization and dependencies that drive evolution of sales in Meltwater
- Ability to develop and manage diverse team across multiple geographies. Ability to hire well, nurture talent, develop and tale care of the people, while address performance issues timely
- Strong excel and systems skills with preference in Salesforce CRM, Adaptive, Tableau, Clari, Netsuite and Workday financials
- Excellent communication skills with experience presenting to C-level execs and the Board of Directors
- New York or East coast location preferred
The anticipated salary range for this position is $220,000 to $312,500. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget.
*The sky is the limit at Meltwater. *
At Meltwater, we believe that when you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. Our best-in-class technology empowers our 27,000 customers around the world to analyze over a billion pieces of data each day and make better business decisions.
Our award-winning culture is our north star and drives everything we do – from striving to create an environment where all employees do their best work, to delivering customer value by continuously innovating our products — and making sure to celebrate our successes and have fun along the way.
We’re proud of our diverse team of 2,200+ employees in 50 locations across 25 countries around the world. No matter where you are, you’ll work with people who care about your success and get the support you need to reach your goals.
So, in a nutshell, that's Meltwater. We love working here, and we think you will too.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2KBm9Ei
And “EEO is the Law Supplement” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2Kmxnxd
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.