Global Payroll Director
Meltwater is looking for a Global Director of Payroll to join our People team of experts.
The Global Director of Payroll oversees the payroll function for Meltwater’s global employee population and will oversee all transaction-related procedures and drive a strong payroll strategy for the company.
You will be leading a global team of experienced payroll specialists based in the US, EMEA and APAC.
The Global Director Payroll is responsible for corporate and local payroll strategy, planning, communications, and marketing the payroll function and related services. This position will foster relationships with senior internal stakeholders by establishing and maintaining exceptional business relationships and working collaboratively with other corporate and country level teams including HR, Legal, Tax, Treasury, Employee Benefits, Compensation, IT, and Finance. This role is part of the global HR organization.
This position also supports the financial and tax accounting aspects of all payroll processes, including outsource providers to support expatriates and tax equalization computations. In addition, this position coordinates external audits regarding international payroll related matters and has an in-depth knowledge of payroll systems, tax and time reporting requirements.
You should come with extensive global payroll experience and be a dynamic collaborator, developing and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders, the HR teams, Accounting, Internal Audit and ensure timely communication and alignment on initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead global payroll function, own budget and partnership with multiple stakeholders to provide global oversight and coordinate all global payroll related issues
- Manage global payroll team to research, analyze, and resolve problems or questions presented by employees or managers by utilizing knowledge of accepted payroll practices, company policy and the payroll system functionality
- Proactively identify areas of process improvement, and ensure consistent processes within global payroll operations and implement solutions to automate and streamline processes to be scalable and drive efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls
- Implement a scalable infrastructure for advanced payroll reporting, analysis and forecasting accuracy, including year-end payroll activities, payroll reconciliations and the respective accounting and reporting on fluxes
- Manage all global payroll activities, including timely processing in compliance with Company's policies and local tax and labor regulations, accuracy of internal and external audits and overall reporting
- Drive global payroll projects and activities related to global M&A – working closely with both internal and external teams for smooth transitions of payroll services
- Oversee global payroll vendor management, including set up, building strong and driving process and cost optimization
- Execute automation and digitization in payroll processes globally
- Partner with cross functional groups including global tax operations, stock administration, and people operations teams on global equity, global mobility and new business activities to ensure global payroll needs are identified, considered and communicated
- Understand all payroll processes and systems, including those related to RSU releases and ESPP worldwide, building strong relationships with Stock Admin, HR, and Tax
- Work with HR to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (status and personnel changes, tax withholding, benefit deductions, etc.) Supporting the implementation of Time & Attendance system and other HRIS solutions/initiatives
- Lead year-end payroll activities globally. Responsible for overseeing payroll reconciliations and the respective accounting and reporting on fluxes.
Skills & Requirement
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR :
- 15+ years work experience including multi state and international payroll and taxes, including global mobility taxes, including 6+ years of managerial experience for a global payroll function
- Experience with global payroll systems, working with payroll providers in processing and managed services models, leading payroll transformation projects.
- Experience with scaling global payroll systems, and unraveling PEO arrangements a plus
- Problem solving and decision-making capacity in a high growth environment with a “roll-up the sleeves” mindset in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- High emotional intelligence, ability to build and sustain relationships at multiple levels within and outside of finance
- Experience with Workday and global payroll providers
- Experience onboarding new payroll solutions globally
- Passion to coach and develop direct reports and lead and influence global teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate across departments and at all levels
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions to complex or non-standard situations
- Experience with Payrolls larger than 2,500 employees and comfortable leading teams through ambiguity and be a champion of change
*The sky is the limit at Meltwater. *
At Meltwater, we believe that when you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. Our best-in-class technology empowers our 27,000 customers around the world to analyze over a billion pieces of data each day and make better business decisions.
Our award-winning culture is our north star and drives everything we do – from striving to create an environment where all employees do their best work, to delivering customer value by continuously innovating our products — and making sure to celebrate our successes and have fun along the way.
We’re proud of our diverse team of 2,200+ employees in 50 locations across 25 countries around the world. No matter where you are, you’ll work with people who care about your success and get the support you need to reach your goals.
So, in a nutshell, that's Meltwater. We love working here, and we think you will too.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2KBm9Ei
And “EEO is the Law Supplement” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2Kmxnxd
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.