Did You Know…? [Social Media Stats for 2013]
I don’t know about you, but I love social media stats. They provide insights about which social networks are the best bet to reach my target community (Google Plus is for men, Pinterest is for women), what types of messages are most appropriate for each network (animated gifs are the most engaging type of post on Google Plus!) and which networks I need to keep an eye on for the future (traffic from Pinterest is quickly rising, while traffic from Reddit is declining). Plus, I sound super smart when I can recite these stats at the drop of a hat during casual conversations with my boss!
Do you want to sound super smart to your boss, too? Check out this fantastic infographic for some social media stats for 2013. Here’s what I found most interesting and surprising:
- 23% of Facebook users check their account more than 5 times a day. Tweet This.
- Twitter’s fastest growing age demographic is 55-64 year olds. Tweet This.
- Google Plus is predominantly male (67%), while Pinterest is predominantly female (69%). Tweet This.
- There are 1.5 million #LinkedIn groups and 81% of users belong to at least one. Tweet This.
- There are more than 5 million photos uploaded to Instagram every day, and 1000 comments per second. Tweet This.
- There are over 1 billion unique monthly visitors on YouTube. Tweet This.
Which of these social media stats did you find most interesting or surprising?