Questionable Stock Photos: Stuck on You
When a perfectly well-meaning marketer is just trying to find a good image for a customer newsletter and runs across this, it causes us to take pause and ask a simple question:
And in the spirit of answering the unanswerable, our Questionable Stock Photos series was born.
Trying to think of marketing use cases for this particular photo was a pretty big challenge, but we took it on wholeheartedly.
MARKETING USE CASES for STUCK ON YOU
1) The Face of the Government Shutdown: Mental Health Benefits Stuck in Red Tape (& Green Stickies) #EndItNow (tweet from @BarackObama)
2) Self-service Vision Test: New at the Dollar Tree!
3) Post-It Notes: a Paraben-Free Sunblock Alternative
4) iCalendar: Save a Tree, Save Face
5) Pamper Yourself with bareMinerals 5-minute Papier MaFâchel
Feel free to submit your own marketing scenarios via the blog comments.
If you’ve run across a questionable stock photo and would like us to think of marketing use cases, or would like to share your own, please tweet a link to the pic @meltwater with the hashtag #stockpic and we’ll be sure to give it a gander. If its questionability isn’t in question, we’ll enthusiastically feature it here on the blog.