As the year 2013 comes to a close, it’s fun to look back on our blog posts over the year to identify trends and determine which topics should be covered more frequently going forward. By the looks of Meltwater’s most popular social media blog posts, it’s clear that people have moved past talking about why social media is important, and are now wanting to discus how to use it effectively. It’s also clear that Facebook is still a hot topic for marketers who would like to reach the network’s 1.19 billion users, which I expect will continue to be a hot topic in 2014 as Facebook continues to refine its algorithm.
So, in case you missed any, here are Meltwater’s Top Social Media Blog Posts of 2013:
- 10 Easy Ways to Get More Facebook Likes for Your Business Page
- FAQ: What’s the Best Time to Post on Facebook?
- Social Media Marketing Strategy | Top 11 #SMMW13 Insights
- Roundtable Series: Building Brand Awareness
- How often should you post on Facebook?
- The New Social Listening – Big Data Lessons from SXSW and Beyond
- 6 Steps to Proving Your Worth: Social Marketing ROI
- A Social Media Campaign is More Than a Retweet
- Who’s on First? | Social Media Crisis Communications Strategy
- 7 Tips for a Successful Contest on Facebook
- 3 Reasons Your Company Should Like Other Pages on Facebook
- 4 Facebook Metrics Every Company Should be Measuring
- Social Conversations are the New Target Message | The 2nd C of Social Media Marketing
- Generating Leads on Social Media: Do’s and Don’ts
- Did You Know…? [Social Media Stats for 2013]
What to Expect on Meltwater’s Social Media Blog in 2014:
In 2014, we’ll continue to deliver informative and actionable blog posts on the more established social networks, like Facebook and Twitter, as well on emerging networks like Snapchat. Many will be detailed, tactical, how-to articles, while others will be more high-level and strategic to ensure that we cover all the bases. To make sure you don’t miss anything next year, subscribe to the social media blog!
If there’s anything specific you’d like to see covered, please comment below or tweet it to us @Meltwater!